The Big Talk Card Game
*Just in! Order the Brand New Big Talk Question Card Game!
The Big Talk Question Card Game helps facilitate in-depth conversations with friends, family members, romantic partners, coworkers, classmates, teammates, community members, and strangers. Each question in the deck is universal (any human being could answer it), open-ended (elicits more than just a yes/no response), and meaningful (skips the small talk and draws forth a life story). See how Big Talk has been making an impact worldwide. Custom card game decks for your business, school, or organization, and wholesale pricing are available upon request (Please fill out this survey to get started on your customized Big Talk deck or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
“Game-changing game. One of the most valuable things I’ve every bought.”
“Prompt great conversation and new insights. I use these with my team one-on-one meetings.”
“Used this in my classroom and my students loved it.”
“Perfect for a gift, new relationship, family vacations and more.”
“Simply amazing. I love these so much. Something so simple added so much meaning to our lives.”
“I used my Big Talk cards at Thanksgiving dinner as a game and we had more than food—we had nourishment for the soul.”
“PERFECT material for the community programs we run.”
Big Talk At Work
Team-Building Solutions for your Organization
Through facilitated programs, events, and workshops, people are able to move past small talk and engage in more purposeful and profound conversations.
Big Talk offers:
- Live Events and Workshops (1-2 hours) for in-person, virtual, and hybrid organizations.
- Customized Program Development in line with your organization’s values and resources.
- Big Talk Card Games (Wholesale Business Prices Available), App, & Custom Questions (Great for employee/client gifting and networking events! For custom options, choose questions that align with your company’s values. Please fill out this survey to get started on your customized Big Talk deck.)
Make Authentic Connections a Part of Work Culture
If you are interested in bringing Big Talk to your organization or have an additional partnership request, please contact us. Thank you!
Big Talk reinvigorates communication and helps organizations build a greater sense of community belonging and culture – especially during the hybrid world re-order. ‘Our world has suffered fissures in human connection, yet relationships aren’t immune to repair.’ Big Talk helps us reconnect to our own humanity and see that humanity in others.
How Big Talk Works
- Big Talk embeds behaviors and habits into workplace culture that transform everyday interactions into opportunities for deeper connections.
- Big Talk moves past small talk to facilitate more meaningful conversations through questions that are open-ended, universal, and elicit stories.
- Big Talk provides the tools and resources necessary to strengthen the individual voices of all members of a community, empowering everyone to join the conversation.
Through Big Talk, people celebrate:
- Connection and Belonging – They will deepen and enhance existing relationships and feel more included in workplace culture.
- Diversity and Empathy – They will speak more openly and honestly about thoughts and beliefs and practice active listening to gain empathy for each others’ stories.
- Individuality and Purpose – People can express their true selves in the workplace as employees and as human beings.
Past Big Talk Adopters
“Big Talk made it easy to have insightful, meaningful conversations with anyone.” – VP of Marketing at Adobe Women Event
“Big Talk has brought us all closer as people and as teammates.” – LA Lakers G Team Coach
“Big Talk was a great bonding experience for our hybrid end of year meeting! People left excited to continue Big Talk in the workplace and in their personal lives.” – Johnson & Johnson Manager
“I learned more about the people I made Big Talk with than any other team event.” – Partner at Deloitte Consulting
- Adobe Women in Tech Mixer (200 attendees)
- Elite SEM Conference (200 attendees)
- Johnson & Johnson
- C&R PR
- U.S. State Department in Singapore, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan
- Acelero Learning
Additional Suggested Ways to Implement Big Talk
Get to know teammates better:
- Ask Big Talk questions in your interview hiring process to better know the values and beliefs of potential new hires.
- Come up with your own Big Talk questions to kick-off meetings! You can also work with Big Talk to create custom co-branded Big Talk card games for your employees.
Make leadership more approachable:
- Hire Big Talk to host a leadership fireside chat or conduct Big Talk interviews with company leadership and share their answers through a podcast, video, or newsletter.
Help employees get to know each other better and build connections:
- Publish Big Talk newsletters highlighting members of your community.
- Post Big Talk questions on whiteboards throughout the office and allow people to write their answers.
- Host a company-wide Big Talk event.
Big Talk at Networking Events and Conferences
Help people move beyond the classic, repetitive networking small talk questions like “What do you do?” “Where are you from?” “What is your job title?” to make substantial and lasting connections. Host Big Talk networking sessions to enable attendees to establish common interests and highlight the traits, quirks, talents, or passions that a unique person brings to their role, thus resulting in more memorable interactions.
Ready to make Big Talk? Contact us to learn more!
Big Talk At Your University
Download our Big Talk University and School Brochure
While university can be an excellent opportunity for students to develop their social skills, an increasing number have reported feelings of depression, anxiety, disconnection, and isolation. To help combat loneliness, foster empathy amidst diversity, and promote social well-being, these universities have already introduced Big Talk programming to their campuses:
- Harvard Medical School
- University of Maryland
- Northwestern Kellogg School of Business
- National University of Singapore
- NYU Shanghai
- And more!
Bringing Big Talk into students’ lives can help them feel more empathetically connected, less anxious and depressed, happier, and confident in their schoolwork. Whether you’re faculty, staff, or a student, you can apply Big Talk to help bring your community together.
Host a Big Talk Workshop, Event, or Continuing Education Program at your university. The founder and CEO, Kalina, delivers lectures and workshops all around the world to help others develop more meaningful connections.
Skip the small talk of “What’s your field of study?” and “Where are you from?” to make more meaningful longer-lasting relationships. Become a Big Talk ambassador at your university. Sign up, receive a turnkey kit, and become a leader at your school to help classmates feel more connected to each other.
Using Big Talk Question Cards during the beginning of class is a great way to establish trust, understanding, and rapport. Big Talk has helped students feel more comfortable asking questions and sharing new ideas and perspectives.
Clubs and Sports
Conducting Big Talk Sessions with teammates or club members can help build more authentic relationships, which have been shown to nurture more supportive, comfortable, and social group settings.
Interested in Bringing Big Talk to your Campus?
Feel free to Contact Us so we can begin discussing how your university can start making Big Talk.
We offer programming for keynote presentations, workshops, social events, and continuing education – as well as custom university branded card decks.
“Big Talk helped a LOT to break down potential barriers and make us all feel a lot more comfortable. The breakout group strategy was helpful in that it gave each of us a lot of choice about what we wanted to share with the group and how vulnerable we wanted to be, which worked out beautifully as people really started to open up over the course of the discussion, providing a great foundation for subsequent reflective sessions in our first week.” – First-Year Student, Harvard Medical School
More Ways To Big Talk
There are many different ways to get involved with Big Talk
Big Talk Dinner with strangers in Berlin
Big Talk meetup events all over the world
Big Talk Toastmasters event
Big Talk cards placed on tables at bars and coffee shops
Big Talk with other small businesses
Big Talk for dating
Big Talk BIG TALK program for jail education
Big Talk translations for your home country
Big Talk Questions as creative artistic prompts
Big Talk conversation activity for middle schoolers in Colorado
Big Talk for holiday dinners with friends and family
Big Talk with Religious and Community Organizations
Make Big Talk while traveling
Big Talk with Yourself
Big Talk can serve as a powerful self-reflection activity. By answering questions such as, “Where do you find peace?” “What gives you hope?” “What makes you feel most alive?” You will feel more connected to your sense of identity and life purpose. Big Talk guided journal coming soon!